Food and drink
This is one of our most common questions so we decided to put all the information on one page. If you have any questions on specific dietary requirements please contact us.
- Fresh fruit such as bananas, watermelon, mandarins, apples or papaya is available for you to help yourself at all times on the TENGIRRI.
- On TENGIRRI tea, coffee, soft-drink (coke, sprite etc.), fruit juice and water is included in the TENGIRRI package price and is available for you to help yourself to at all times. 20 cartons of Bintang Beer are included in the package price. Spirits and other alcohol is available at local prices.
- For a quick light breakfast before an early surf cereal (cornflakes, oats etc) and toast (with jam, vegemite, honey etc.) are there for you to help yourself.
- Later in the morning the cook will prepare a “hot” breakfast (or “brunch” depending on how long you want to stay in the water for the early surf). This is usually something like pancakes, omelettes or jaffles and you eat as much as you want in order to have enough energy for the rest of the day.
- Lunch is also usually something that provides you with lots of energy but not filling you up so much you can’t surf in the afternoon. Typical lunches include fresh ham salad sandwiches, noodles, tacos, jaffles etc.
- Dinner is the main meal of the day. If any fish is caught during the day this is prepared and served for dinner.
- If you don’t catch any fish or don’t like seafood there is no need to worry as the crew sets out with enough food to prepare different dinners for each night of the charter so you don’t get sick of eating the same thing again and again.
- Typical dinners include spaghetti, BBQ chicken, curry beef, lasagna, burritos and stir fried veggies.
- Dinners are accompanied by vegetables, rice and fresh salad.
- On board TENGIRRI there is also a variety of snacks such as chips, chocolate bars and lollies for you to munch on throughout the charter – these are included in TENGIRRI package price.
- We realise when surfing all day that diet is very important. So we provide a variety of good, healthy food for you to eat. Some other charters serve nothing but rice and noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner so if you are thinking of booking with someone else find out what you will be eating first.
- Meals are mostly “all-you-can-eat” and there are usually plenty of leftovers.
- There are no set meal times so when you eat depends on what the surf is doing. So don’t think if you stay out surfing from 10 am to 3pm that you will miss lunch!